Friday, March 6, 2015

trying to think of a good title

Life. 

It is such a precious gift. They say you don't realize what you have until it's gone. Never would I know the true meaning of that till I first hand experienced it. 

Losing someone makes you wish you could go back to every single moment with them. The smallest things mean the most to you. 

I remember her bare feet down the hallway
I remember her little laugh 
puzzles on the kitchen floor 
Barbies and dolls, I love you to the moon and back
I remember her green eyes looking into mine 
Like we had our own secret club 
I remember her dancing before bedtime the jumping on me waking me up 
I can still feel her hold my hand

Life was so good to her. She had her best friend up the street and her sweet family to take care of here. I tried to be the best sister in the world to her even though I know I wasn't the best at times. She and I had so much fun together and I miss those times more than anything.

I know things can be taken from you so quick and so sudden. You can't even blink, and it's already taken from you. I woke up on a Saturday to head to the mall with mom and while I was doing my hair, I heard that scream and my world crushed into pieces. Never to be the same ever again.

"Sorry I never told you all I wanted to say
Now it's too late to hold you.. cause you've flown away. So far away. 
Never had I imagined living without your smile. But feeling and knowing you hear me.. It keeps me alive. 
I never showed you completely. I assumed you'd always be there. I took your presence for granted.. But I always cared. And I miss the love we shared. 
I know you're shining down on me from heaven. Like so many friends we've lost along the way. And I know eventually we'll be together..one sweet day."
Cherish every moment with those you love. 
Cherish it like its your last because I am telling you...
You never know when it could honestly be your very last moment. 

3 comments:

  1. Love it. Love you. Ill never forget it either

    This post is really good, you conveyed the emotion well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like we had our own secret club

    ReplyDelete